Monday, December 7, 2009

For my memory.....

Everyday, the kids are interacting more and more with one another. And everyday, it gets more and more entertaining. Charlie has begun the crazy baby babble that we like to call "Swahilian" -- nothing but a bunch of baby garble spoken really fast and really fluently as if he's really telling you something. It's priceless. I love it, and I'm so glad he's decided to do it. Reese did the same thing, and it doesn't last long, so I'm cherishing it! Reese seems to understand Charlie when he takes on his Swahilian language, and she usually stops what she's doing and listens to him when he decides to speak. Here's how their conversation went a couple of days ago:

Charlie: "dabba, dabba, dabba, youlljsgersser" -- crazy Swahili talk
Reese "uuuhhh, huh"
Charlie: "gorhhuer, dabba, youjfljogu" -- more crazy talk!
Reese: "uuuuhhhh, huh" (standing attentively) --this went on for quite some time
Me: "Reese, what is Charlie saying?"
Reese: "Charlie says, take us Mimi's house!"

Haaaaaa! I thought I was going to fall out on the floor. Of course I had to call mom and report the story and she could not have been more proud. Reese and Charlie did not think it was funny at all -- they just went on about their merry way, continuing their conversation. Do you really think that's what Charlie said??? =)

No comments: