Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Scary Day

Mia had quite the scary day yesterday. Charlie got some spending money for his birthday, so yesterday, I took him to Toys R Us to pick out a new toy. We were on an aisle, looking at toys, parked, and Mia was playing in the back of the buggy. Before I knew it, I looked over and she had leaned over the front of the buggy, and was falling out. I could not get to her fast enough. She fell head first and hit hard. I have never felt so terrified in all my life. She cried and was really upset, went as white as a sheet and began to throw up. I knew immediately to get her to the doctor. We went straight to the pediatricians office and they sent us to the ER. We were there yesterday for about 6 hours for observation and long story short, she is going to be ok. Her official diagnosis was "mild brain injury" or concussion. We are watching her very closely and watching for any changes, but so far so good. Lesson learned -- do not put your child in the back of the buggy! We had to learn the hard way. This pic is grainy but it's all I could get while we napped and "waited it out" at the ER yesterday. Thank you Lord for protecting my baby.  
 
October 30, 2012

No comments: