Monday, June 13, 2011

Big Boy Bed!!

My big boy, Charlie, where oh where has the time gone? I cannot believe how quickly time is traveling. For about a week now, Charlie has been really talking about his big boy bed. Just last week he actually started crying to sleep in his big bed, pitching little "mini-fits" at bedtime when we would go and put him in his "baby bed." Joe and I had not even begun to look into buying him furniture yet, we knew the time was coming, but to be honest, I was in NO hurry! Well, Charlie had other plans for us! We already had Charlie a "big" bed that I knew I wanted to use for his new room. It's a beautiful cherry sleigh bed that's just perfect for him. We will order the rest of his furniture (will take 6wks to be delivered), so for now, he has his bed, and a makeshift nightstand that will have to do!!! We went ahead and got his bedspread on the bed and his curtains hung (still no decorative pillows yet!!) this weekend, and I pulled a few things from his old room into his big room and he is SO HAPPY! You would think he won the lottery! He was so fired up to sleep in his new bed on Saturday night. I told Joe I thought this was all going too easy and I was sure it was going to be a long night -- it just doesn't happen this way, does it??? I felt like we would one day have to "convince" Charlie to move into another room and tirelessly explain over and over why he needed a big boy bed. Nope, not this little man. At bedtime, he went straight to his bed, jumped for a little bit (he thinks it's a trampoline!) and then laid down and went to sleep. Not a peep all night! We had to go in and wake him the next morning for Church and he was SO proud of himself. I caught it all on video and I of course have cried a select few times, but what a blessing. It's been such an easy transition for him -- little harder for me -- but so easy for Charlie. We are so proud of you sweet Charlie. He told me last night when I was tucking him in that he wanted Mia to have his old bed. That makes me one proud mommy. My sweet sweet Charlie, we love you!!




Reese was our helper in getting Charlie's room all ready!


Daddy getting our rails on!



big boy, sniff, sniff



He was telling me, "Mommy, I love you thhhhhiiiiiiissssss much!"



Not but a few moments later........dreamland!

June 11, 2011

No comments: