Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Prayer's Please!

Well, tomorrow is our big day, Reese's heart surgery. This day has loomed over my head for almost 2 years now and I'm so ready to put it behind me. I'm ready to not think about it anymore, to not talk about it anymore, to say "my sweet girl is as healthy as can be" and mean it. Although looking at her you would never know, her little heart has a 14mm hole in it that needs repair. Tomorrow, at 7am, we have to be at the hospital. She is the 2nd case (dangit), so she will probably not actually go into surgery until around 10 or 11am, which is going to be hard because she can have nothing to eat after midnight tonight. She is still oblivious to all that will take place tomorrow. Joe and I decided it's best to make this out to be as LITTLE of a deal as possible. When we wake her up in the morning, we will tell her we are going to take some pictures of her beautiful heart (she is not afraid of the echo cardiograms at all), and that she is going to get lots of presents and goodies when she is all done. She is still 3, so it's not hard to be vague with her. Please, please say a prayer for my sweet Reese. Please pray that I can be strong for her. She should not get upset at all, once we get to the hospital and get admitted, they will give her a liquid sedative that is supposed to make her loopy and carefree. They will not even start her IV until she is back in the OR and asleep. I'm so happy for that. I pray that I can be strong for her and hold it together when it's time for that "see you in a little bit" moment. I cry thinking about it, I'm crying writing about it, I'm a mess. I will post updates when I can, she has to spend one night in the hospital if all goes as planned, so hopefully we will be home early afternoon Friday.

10 comments:

Jennifer Connell-Weibelt said...

Tiffany,

I will be praying for sweet Reese and you guys as well...from my experience with James and his surgery I know exactly how you feel. I was even pregnant when James has his surgery too! It was tough to let them take him but the doctors did such a great job and all of the staff on the pediatric cardiology unit and the CICU were AMAZING!

Reese is going to do wonderful and you will feel like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders as soon as it's all over with!

Please let me know if you need anything and I mean that! Even if you just need to vent I am here to listen and know better than most people exactly how you are feeling. Please do not hesitate to call!

Jennifer
965-0901

The Lane's said...

I cried just reading this Tiffany! I will be in prayer all day today and tomorrow for ALL of you. Keep us updated. Believing, Jill

Chris, Nichole & Colby! said...

You are all in our prayers.. Love Nichole

Goldilocks said...

I will keep you in my prayers. I know that God will be watching over you and your family. I am sure Reese will do beautifully and I know you will be so proud of her.

The Youngbloods said...

Tiffany, You know my heart is with you!!! We have a little happy for sweet Reese that will be waiting for her when she gets home! Ella prayed for Reese last night and has asked many times how Reese was doing!
Love you!
Allison

Kristy said...

Your words made me tear up just reading them. I know she will be do wonderfully. I am saying a prayer for your family and her surgeons tonight.

The Spencer Family said...

Tiff, I am praying for you & your sweet Reese this morning. I know she will be just fine & this will all be over very soon!

The Famdamily said...

I hope all is/went well.

Wendy Zito said...

TJ and I will be thinking of you guys and your sweet girl today. I hope everything goes well. Never under estimate the power of positive thoughts and prayer. Hope everything comes out wonderful and she is stronger because of this. Hope we see you guys at the fraternity house this fall.
Love, wendy, TJ, and Jay Zito

Jennifer and Mark Kiel said...

Hoping that all went well today for sweet Reese. Allison said a special prayer for her last night and this morning. Please keep us updated. We are praying for a quick and easy recovery. Take care!

Love,
Jennifer (and Allison) Kiel