Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mia is Here!

So I'm a little behind on blogging these days, not very much if any, free time around this household lately! Mia is doing so good -- we are all adjusting nicely and the kids LOVE her. She has been such a blessing to our little family! Here is her birth story:
We went in to be induced on Monday morning at 5am. We were shown to our room (it was awesome!) and then my sweet, sweet nurse came to get everything going. Mrs. Karen was a dream nurse and I loved every minute of her! She got my IV on the first stick and knew just how to coach me through labor. By 5:30am, my IV had been started and my water had been broke. Dr. P decided that we would start Pitocin at a very low level and see how I progressed. Having a VBAC is something that I have wanted ever since I found out I was pregnant. Charlie was an emergency c-section for face presentation and I wanted NOTHING to do with another c-section. Dr. P was very weary of the VBAC, but agreed to let me try! As soon as the Pitocin was started and bumped up very, very slowly, my body knew just what to do. I got my epidural around 9:30 when I was around 4cm. By 10:30 I was 10cm and it was time to push! I pushed for about 15minutes, about 5 pushes, and baby Mia was here! Everything went so well and Mia was perfect! She weighed in at 7lbs 7oz and was 20in long. She was born at 11:02 and came out kicking and screaming. The first thing I thought when I saw her was, "oh my goodness, you look just like Charlie!" She and Charlie share the same juicy lips and they favor a lot! We had lots of guests come and visit and Mia got lots of flowers, balloons and pretty gifts. She was surrounded by friends and family her entire hospital stay. We got to come home on Wednesday morning and she did great on her first car-ride home. She has adapted very well to all the loud noises of our house!! She is nursing great and for the most part, sleeping well for a newborn! Lots and lots of pics ahead!!!
Mom got me a David Yurman cross necklace -- L.O.V.E.
Mia brought gifts home with her for Reese and Charlie -- it was a sure fire way the kids would welcome her into our home!! =)
September 26, 2011

No comments: