Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Blue Jeans

Let me just start this post with a little background info on me and bluejeans. While I have no problem in other little girls wearing bluejeans, I have chosen to not put my Reese (or Mia for that matter!) in blue jeans up until this point in her little life. I wear blue jeans, Charlie wears blue jeans, and Joe wears blue jeans. I have nothing against the jeans themselves, I just love dressing Reese in big ol' ruffle pants, anything with polka dots and dresses galore. The way I look at it, she has the rest of her life to wear jeans, so I'm putting it off as long as I can. Plus, I think it makes her look so grown up to wear jeans, and I'm not ready for that yet, so I've put it off as long as I can. ANYWAYS, with that being said, my mom and dad give me a hard time about letting her wear jeans, and she'd look so cute, and blah, blah, blah. So, I caved and bought a pair a LONG time ago. They have hung in her closet all winter long and every time I ask her to wear them, she says she doesn't want too, so I, naturally, agree. Until today. I decided that since I bought them, it was time to try them out and what better way, than to put them on and go outside and play, right?! Well, just have a look at the pictures below. She screamed, and hooted and hollered for a good 15 minutes about how she "doesn't like these pants, they're squeezing me to death, pppppllllleaaaseeee give me my ruffle pants." I tried and tried to convince her it would be fine, but then I realized it was a battle I wasn't choosing to have. I don't like them anyways, and now I can say I tried, so there you have it Mimi and Poppa. Reese doesn't like blue jeans either! Now we're both happy!! We're just a touch dramatic don't you think? I tell Joe everyday I can hardly wait until she's a teenager.......geez, we're dealing with a sassy one!!
March 6, 2012

2 comments:

Goldilocks said...

I can't say that I blame her! I would wear ruffle pants myself if I looked as cute in them as she did.

The Youngbloods said...

Hilarious!! Since you bought them a LONG time ago - maybe they are just a little too tight! ;)