Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Welcome to Gatlinburg!!

We stayed at Wilderness at the Smokies so the kids could play at the waterpark during the day. It is such a wonderful kiddie place and Joe and I have a blast everytime we go!! We let the kids play for a little while before naptime on Saturday, then we had dinner at Applewood Farms (everyone's favorite!!) and then drove into Gatlinburg and took the tram up to Ober Gatlinburg -- soooo much fun!! We rode the Alpine Slide --mom and dad rode with the kids so Joe and I could race, and yes, I won (ohhhh, he was mad!!) Afterwards, Joe and I ice skated, not my favorite, but I did it anyways! The kids rode the carousel and ate Dippin Dots and laughed at us while we tried to skate!! By the time we took the tram back down the mountain it was after 10 o'clock and the kids were pooped!!!




riding the tram up the mountain!

we had to take a ski lift to get to the top of the alpine slide -- dad held Reese in a bear hug the entire trip up the mountain!!

soooo much fun!!

Poppa and Charlie

ready to go!!

Mimi was a little unsure at first, but had a great time by the time it was all over with!!

ready to go!!!

and they're off!!!

hang on Mimi!!!

Oh, I smoked him!!!

we didn't get any good pics ice skating =(

I am so not good at this!!

Joe was pretty good!

No comments: