Tuesday, May 17, 2011

We made it to the beach!!

Sorry that first photo is so blurry -- it was taken with Joe's phone! Once we got to Sandestin Wednesday night, we had enough time to let the kids play for just a bit on the beach before dinner. We had dinner at The Back Porch, so while we waited for a table, they played! They were so excited to finally be there and get out and play in the sand! They both slept almost the entire way down there (and on the way back home!) so the ride was a breeze. We stayed at the Hilton Sandestin and it was beautiful and super kid friendly! Reese made lots of little friends while we were there, which meant she had lots of pool and beach buddies, and Charlie was happy as a peach to be with his daddy all weekend (he LOVES his daddy!!) and play football, paddle ball, kickball, pretty much anything that involved a ball. Sleeping arrangements went well too -- except for the fact that I had to share a double bed with my husband and I'm pregnant -- that is NO FUN! Reese had the best setup of anyone, she had a bed all to herself, and plenty of room to sprawl out! Charlie slept on his toddler blow up mattress we bought him, and I was very nervous to say the least. He still sleeps in his crib and has never slept anywhere without rails/sides, etc. He is a wonderful sleeper (part of the reason why I haven't moved him out of his crib), he never tries to climb or get out of bed, but I was still a bit skeptical. This weekend.......he proved me WAY wrong!! He did great. In fact, he loved every minute of his blow up bed. He thought he was such a big boy sleeping all by himself. Looks like we'll be ordering big boy furniture now! We had such a good time and I'm sad it's over. I love spending every minute of every day with my little family! Such wonderful, wonderful memories!!!





Reese had to have her picture in her bed all by herself too!!

No comments: