Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First Day!!!!

hhhmmmmm, wonder what's in here?!?!
Today was Reese's first day of Mothers Day Out and it went "ok".....We have been talking about it for a while now (yes, I know she may not TOTALLY understand what I'm saying -- but it makes ME feel better!) I have told her over and over that I would come back and get her as soon as it was over. Well..... once we got there and it was time for me to leave, she wanted nothing to do with it. She screamed, and I cried. The teacher was wonderful and kept telling me she would be ok, and I knew deep down that she would be fine, but it was so hard to leave her. I went outside to let her calm down and get me out of sight, and when I came back about 5min later, she was a little better -- still whiney, but better. Her sweet, sweet teacher gave me her cell phone and told me I could call as much as I wanted to check in on her (which I, in turn did!!) By the time I left, she was ok -- I picked her up at 1pm today and she was having a ball. As soon as she saw me, she came running and I got the biggest bear hug ever -- best feeling in the world!! The teacher was blowing bubbles with them and Reese was playing in the kitchen. She got a wonderful report -- she ate all her lunch, played really well with the other kids and even took well to the teachers and wanted them to hold her. I hope she does good tomorrow. This is a MAJOR milestone for me and Reese. I don't think I can take the screaming and crying every morning. Please pray that she does good tomorrow!!!!

No comments: