Wednesday, October 7, 2009

See these happy faces????

Well, Reese's turned from this........

....to this......



Today, while at Gymboree with Charlie, (which is 25 minutes away from Reese's MDO, and the farthest I EVER go away from her, for this very reason), I received a phone call from the director at Reese's MDO -- which is never a good thing. She was very calm and collected, but told me that Reese had fallen and hit her head and she didn't think it "looked good" and that maybe I should have my pediatrician look at it. My heart fell to my ankles. What in the world was I going to do???? Joe left town this morning on business and I was 25minutes away......so, I immediately hung up and called Mimi for help. Mom went and picked Reese up and met me at the pediatricians office with Reese just as I was getting there.....mom works VERY close!!! Luckily, the cut was straight enough that they could glue it. They had to snip a very small amount of hair and it glued together beautifully. Reese was such a trooper. She barely even whimpered at all while they "glued her up"......I think us holding her still was the scariest part!! Her sweet little teachers have called and checked on her and they were so apologetic. It was an accident that is one of those things that just happens sometimes. She slipped on a baby highchair and hit her head on a nearby table that hit it just right. She appears to be in very little, if any, pain and is back in action playing and wrestling with Charlie like normal. We can't get her hair wet for 5 days (which should make for some really cute pictures at the Pumpkin Patch this weekend), but other than that all is well! Thank you so much Mimi for all your help today. I couldn't have done it without you!! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, poor Reese. I'm glad she is ok.

Taylor

Jennifer Weibelt said...

Bless her little heart! I can't imagine getting a call like that...hope her little head gets better soon!