Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My new hobbie......


I have been thinking about getting an embroidery machine for some time now. This weekend, after many hours of begging, Joe finally gave in and got me a sewing/embroidery machine! I am SOOOOOO excited. It is so neat. Here's a picture of my first project (yes Katie.....my first!!) I put the applique of the lizard onto the bib and Charlie's name under it.....well, actually the machine does it all, but I'm taking the credit. I have some software on the way that will do the monograms a lot better -- you can't really see this one that well, but that will all change!! I have so many cute appliques to try out and test, so I will be displaying lots of my "work" in the future!! I am going to even try and learn to sew and make the kids a few things. Thanks Katie for coming over and helping me today -- we had fun!!

1 comment:

AnnMarie Jordan said...

What a great hobby! I want to hear more about it! The blog is so precious! Can't wait to catch up!!!