Tuesday, January 17, 2012

National Championship in New Orleans!

It is so great to be a BAMA fan! Joe and I went to the Championship game with Jennie and Ingram last Sunday night and oh.my.gosh. -- one of the most fun trips I've ever been on! We decided to break up the trip and little and stay in Biloxi on Sunday night. We met up with Billy and Shanna and gambled and ate until the wee hours of the morning at the Beau Rivage -- so much fun! Then, bright and early (as in like 9am!), we headed over to New Orleans. We met up with Paul and Rachel and then the girls went shopping at Orient Expressed (one of my favorite stores, but I have to admit, this time, the store was a little bit of a let-down. Boo.) We then met up with the boys and did all the great things you're supposed to do while in New Orleans. The boys just HAD to go to Cat's Meow and sing karaoke and we had a wonderful lunch at Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse -- yummy! We headed into the game around 6pm and the rest is history. It worked out so well with our seats, Jennie and Ingram were 6 rows in front of us, so it was as if we were there sitting together. I thought Joe and Ingram were going to have a heart attack when we won!! After the game was over, we went BACK to the Cat's Meow (do you see a pattern here.......these boys are OBSESSED with that place!), and that's where we stayed for the rest of the night. It was such a fun trip and I was sooooooo glad to get home to my babies. I missed them terribly. Thank you Mom and Dad for keeping Mia, and Gigi for keeping Reese and Charlie. We would not have been able to go on this wonderful trip without y'alls help!! I hope we get to go to the Championship game next year -- that's 2 out of 3 for Joe and I, and boy are they fun! It's a long shot, but next year in Miami sure would be fun!!! Roooooooooooollllll Tide!!
Kiddos with some Bama loot......they were so happy we were home!!
January 8-9, 2012

No comments: