Monday, December 20, 2010

We Have Glasses.......

So we had to put my sweet little Reese in glasses. For about a month now, Joe and I have noticed that she has been squinting quite a bit, turning her head to one side to look out of one eye, and it gradually was getting worse and worse. I made an eye doctor appointment when we got back from Disney World and it was confirmed that she is farsighted. It has been such a hard pill for me to swallow. I cried for several days and went through all the "why her" emotions, then, I got myself together and began to realize how fortunate we are. Joe and I are so blessed with two healthy children, and if farsighted is what Reese is, and it's something that can be corrected, then it's fine. I don't think any mother wants their child to have to deal with such a "big girl" issue at such a young age, but Reese has handled this with such grace and ease, it's put me to rest. When we came home and she had her glasses on for the first time, she said, "look mommy, I can see the TV." Break. My. Heart. I had NO idea that she couldn't see the TV or I would have for sure gotten it fixed. She is so precious in her new glasses. She picked out her frames and lenses all by herself and she wears them with no problems. We will go back for regular check-ups often, and the doctor said her prescription will only decrease from this point, hopefully one day, to nothing but reading glasses. My sweet Reese, you are such a precious angel and we are so proud of you for being such a big girl during all of this.....you never stop teaching your mommy-- I am so glad you're mine!!

3 comments:

Goldilocks said...

She is supper cute! I am so glad she is adjusting well!

Jennifer Connell-Weibelt said...

Tiffany, she is even more adorable in her glasses!!!!!

The Pruitt's said...

Love the glasses, she's a cutie!