Friday, June 18, 2010

Reese's First Trip to the Dentist

Wow, what a surprise today held for me! I am not going to lie, I was DREADING going to the dentist with little Miss Drama Queen, and I had put it off until she is the last of her friends to go, so I finally bit the bullet and made her appointment. We've been talking about it now for what seems like weeks and going over what the dentist is, what will go on, etc. She was all smiles this morning when I woke her up and told her where we were going. Once we got there, the staff was SO wonderful and welcoming and kid friendly (thanks so much Julie!!), it made it a breeze for me. We watched a short video on what to expect and they had a giant chalkboard to keep her busy while we waited. Right off the bat, they let her pick out a new toothbrush -- which, was her favorite part. They had a Little Mermaid pink toothbrush, which we haven't stopped talking about. (We are obsessed with Aerial right now!) She sat up in the chair with me and let the sweet hygienist polish, floss and put fluoride on her teeth. I could not have been more shocked or proud! Not a tear was shed, not a whimper was made! After doing so well, she got to pick out stickers and a bouncy ball. Then came the dentist exam.....which I was nervous about. Well, I was wrong again. He was hilarious and wonderful with Reese and she loved him (which is rare for a stranger!). She let him look all in her mouth, count her teeth (she has 20!) and tell her how pretty she was!!! He said her teeth are perfect, all in place and well spaced for her permanent teeth to one day come in! After his exam, he gave her a token and took her to the "treasure tower" where she got to get, yet another prize!! This time she got a pink ring (another favorite). We got our picture made with him and off we went. Can I tell you how relieved I am that this is over and even better how well it went!!! I am so proud and now so much more calm.....we go back in 6 months, and I will also take Charlie with me.....fingers crossed he does as well!!!!


they had a perfect play area to keep her distracted!



Sitting with Mommy like a big girl!!

Candice, our hygienist, she was wonderful!!


still shocked at how well she did for Dr K!!

treasure tower!!

what dentist appt is not complete without a sugar free lollipop?!?!?!?!

4 comments:

Goldilocks said...

I am glad she did so well and you were happy with your appt. They really are great and I/we have enjoyed every trip.

The Spencer Family said...

Oh, I could only pray ours will go that well. I called the other day & made an appt. for Katelyn & told them about the extra tooth, she said they usually pull it! I'm scared to death about it, you think you have a drama queen!?! I'm preparing for the worst!! Did you go to Jenn's dentist?

Kim said...

I did a photo shoot of Dr. Keller and his staff and they are all so wonderful :) So glad Reese did well...she is a doll :)

Barbara Cornutt said...

So proud of my "big girl" --- my sweet angel.