Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Swim Lessons -- Day 1 (Not good!!)

You see these faces? Well that just about sums up our first day of swim lessons today. These girls were NOT happy at all, and I mean that very literally. A couple of friends and I enrolled the girls in some pretty hard core swim lessons and I don't think the crying stopped for more than a couple of minutes the entire lesson. It is such a good program, if we can only get past the first few days, apparently, they then "love" it??? Today was pretty much all about going under, holding your breath, kicking your legs, paddling your arms, you know, the basics of swimming. Well, Reese couldn't get past the "going under" part and was hysterical every time the poor instructor took her from me. It only lasted an hour, but we were all physically, mentally and emotionally drained after it was all over. We have 10 straight days of this, so I hope the "liking it" comes sooner rather than later. Reese even threw up today (just water, but still!!!). I don't know how many more days of this I can take!!!! Wish us luck tomorrow!! Of course, after all this was over today, we took the girls to get a treat and then all was well -- I'm not sure I'll be able to get her out of the car tomorrow when we pull up again!! Prayers please!!!!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

OH NO!!!! I am sorry she was traumatized! Hopefully this happens with all the kids and she will like it soon! :) Good luck!

Anonymous said...

we start next week... I'm nervous!